Christmas is a wonderful time of year but it can also come with lots of mess and chaos, follow these 5 tips to help you declutter your home after Christmas.
1. Organise your Christmas presents, you may have received gifts for the kitchen or toiletries, it’s best to put those items in the rooms that they are intended to be used in so that they don’t get forgotten about until next Christmas.
2. Throw away any broken Christmas decorations, that you definitely won’t use next year or if you have decorations that no longer fit your aesthetic donate them to your local charity shop.
3. When putting away your Christmas decorations into boxes, have a box per room and label them, so that next year you’ll easily be able to find the corresponding box of decorations for each room.
4. Sort through your clothing, anything that you haven’t worn in more than a year, donate or list online for someone else to make use of and give yourself that extra wardrobe space back.
5. Use the basket method. You get a basket and place this somewhere in your home and any time there is something not where it belongs place it in the basket, then once a week use empty the basket and place all the things collected back where they should be. This will help your home feel less messy and it can be satisfying to see that empty basket again.
For more tips tricks and advice head over to our blog for more useful articles, home improvements and advice.